ARBRO Pharmaceuticals Ltd recently participated in the Quality in Food Chemistry PT Scheme (FC4083) organized by LGC Limited which is the UK based, international life sciences measurement and testing company. We are happy to report that our PT results were declared as satisfactory which is how the result is declared if proved correct.
A number of samples were dispatched to various participating laboratories for testing like
- An aqueous solution containing preservatives
- An aqueous solution containing sweeteners
- An aqueous solution containing artificial colors
- Green tea
- Vegetable fat spread with olive oil
- Tomato paste
- Edible oil
Arbro testing lab undertook to detect the values of artificial colors in the aqueous solution sample and our results were declared as satisfactory on two counts while one was not assessed because of discrepancy in the assigned value derived by LGC.
We are happy to report that we had no ‘questionable’ or ‘unsatisfactory results’. We detected the values of artificial colors through the HPCL method and we were able to get the following values for the three colors
- Ponceau 4R – 28.1mg/L as compared to the assigned value of 25.8
- Sunset yellow – 64.1mg/L as compared to the assigned value of 61.1
- Indigo carmine – 67.7mg/L as compared to the assigned value of 70.7
Quite a large number of food chemistry proficiency tests are carried out annually across the world according to established protocols. ARBRO Analytical Division participates in these proficiency tests to ensure that our analysis of food chemistry is on the right track and it helps us monitor our own performance. When there is a consistency in our results as compared to the assigned value it works as a certificate that our food testing services are proficient and we are on par with the standard results.