According to the reports, the cosmetic industry is on a boom with a net valuation expected to rise from $420B to $716.3B by 2025.
By geography, Asia – Pacific and North America are the two dominating regions for the cosmetic industry accounting for nearly 70% of the industry combined.
This extensive usage has enforced the brands to ensure their products regularly pass the tests conducted by the cosmetic testing labs adhering to the norms listed by the governing bodies and that they aren’t losing out on their consumers’ trust.
If you’re a business owner in the cosmetic industry, our comprehensive cosmetic testing will help you avoid any kind of adulteration in your products to ensure that they are safe for use on skin and have no harmful side effects.
Different Cosmetic Tests to Ensure Product Quality
Some of the most common tests you can conduct to ensure your cosmetic product is safe for consumer use include:
- Microbiological Test
As a part of this test, the manufacturer can run a thorough cosmetic check to ensure its free from all harmful microorganisms’ growth. In certain cases, the sample is also passed through a Preservative Effectiveness Test [PET] to check for the presence of bacteria, fungi, and yeast.
- Stability and Toxicology Testing
Most cosmetic testing labs in India test the cosmetic products for stability to gauge whether during their shelf life and while being in use, the product will maintain its function, physical, chemical, and microbiological aspects or not.
The cosmetics toxicology test checks whether any substance of the product or its mixture can harm the skin of the potential user. Its impact is tested majorly for the eye and the skin.
- Performance testing
This cosmetic product testing process involves testing the product with respect to its functionality, usability, performance, and durability.
Why Arbro Pharmaceuticals for Cosmetic Testing?
Our cosmetic testing lab has been working with the cosmetic industry for more than 25 years and routinely supports the leading cosmetics brands of the country.
As a part of our cosmetic lab testing, we provide the following services:
- Testing as per Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) requirements
- Testing for the cosmetic license registration process
- Cosmetic testing as per buyer or manufacturer specifications
- Development of cosmetic testing protocols for private label products
- Analysis of raw materials and active ingredients
- Safety tests like heavy metals in cosmetics, banned colours and banned chemicals
- Microbiology testing for microbial counts and pathogens
- Estimation of active ingredients
- Functional tests like viscosity, spread-ability, scratch test, pay-off test
- Sun protection factor
- Skin irritation studies
- Stability studies for shelf life estimation
- Complaints investigation and troubleshooting
- Benchmarking against competitor products in the market
Our labs cosmetic product testing laboratories are approved by the state FDA and CDSCO under the Drugs and Cosmetics Act. for testing of cosmetic products and we can provide cosmetic testing reports on Form 39 for the ingredients and products tested in our laboratory.
We are also accredited by the National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) to the ISO 17025 standard for chemical and biological testing of cosmetics and carry out the cosmetic analysis testing in compliance with the requirements of the standard.
We have. over the years tested all the possible kinds of products and have developed expertise and a repository of standardised methods and equipments for cosmetic testing. Some of the products we routinely test in our cosmetic testing lab are given below –
- Nail polish
- Tooth paste
- Shaving creams
- Perfumes and deodorants
- Hair gel
- Hair colours and dyes
- Hair gel
- Henna and Mehndi
- Shampoos and conditioners
- Baby oils and lotions
- Face wash
- Face scrub
- Fairness creams
- Mascara and many more
The entire process of lab testing for cosmetic products becomes easier when you have us by your side. If you’re on the lookout for a skin care product testing lab, to help you navigate the complex regulatory process around cosmetics, reach out to us.
To connect, use the quick query form on the right or call us now on +91-11-4754575 and we will be happy to provide you a free proposal of our cosmetic testing services after getting a thorough understanding of your cosmetics testing requirements.
1. Do cosmetics need to be tested?
2. How can I test my skincare products?
3. What kind of tests are conducted for cosmetics?
1. Microbiological test for analyzing any growth of microorganisms
2. Stability and toxicology testing to see whether or not the product will maintain its qualities during the entire shelf life. Plus, the product doesn’t contain any toxic substances that can harm the human skin or eye.
3. Performance testing to check the performance, functionality, durability, and usability of the product.
4. What is the sample quantity typically needed?